Thursday, August 14, 2008

hail D.A.V

As I trudged to school everyday, I used to contemplate on how unlucky I was to have landed up in a school where teachers couldn't complete their day without burdening the students with unreasonable amout of homework.As my thoughts rolled on , I used to curse all those teachers who had a feeling that theirs was the only subject students were supposed to study ( this includes all teachers in my school).

When I used to imagine about other schools,my devious mind always came up with a rosy picture where there were better teachers,a canteen to laze around (that was very important as it was the time when we were not allowed to go McRennet),no homework , lots of free time... The list of nice things was endless. I had no means of checking out if this was the case in any of the other schools (as I had never been to any other school... now I thank god for that) and my mind was happy enough to retain this idea.

When I enrolled for IIT classes in 11th , it was the first time I got a chance to mingle with people from other schools. As I listened to tales about their school , teachers ... the unrealistic picture my mind had created underwent a complete makeover and for the first time I realised how lucky I was to be in my school and not one of theirs...

Thats when I started saying ...HAIL D.A.V!!!

1 comment:

Rivat Hanss said...

nothing much to say except- I second the motion! hail DAV!! :)