Thursday, August 14, 2008

the transition

When I returned blue-eyed, to the hallowed corridors of my school , I hadn't foreseen that the transition from 5th standard to 6th standard would be as drastic (to put it mildly) as it turned out to be.

As a straight-forward person who took everyone at their word, who hadn't ever dreamt of doing anything else but listening to the teacher in class... I was in for a rude shock. During the first week of 6th class , I suddenly found myself inattentive and uninterested (to say the least) in almost all the classes.I was silently rebuking myself for having changed for the worse. When I asked around in my group of friends , I found out they too were in the same state of mind as me(thank god...).

After almost a month and an exam later I gave up hope of ever being capable of listening in class.
My friends and I became this last-bench gang (I used to the tallest in my class then... sigh) who used to play bingo, eat lunch during class . Though later I cut down on the eating part of it, I could never resist myself from playing bingo ,hangman during class.

Everytime I look back and think about how different life would be if I had remained the sincere self I was ... I come up with a blank . Probably its impossible to be that way ...

No comments: